Retirement is an ongoing, relentless effort in creativity—I tried yoga, learned to cook, bought some plants, took classes in Mandarin. Believe me, I've tried everything. I just know there's a hole in my life, and I need to fill it...soon!
退休就是無止境地找新玩意做--我試過瑜珈、學烹飪、買了盆栽、上中文課。相信我,我什麼都試過了。我只是知道我的人生中有個缺口,我需要填滿它...趕快越好!
I'm Ben Whittaker; I have an appointment with Ms. Ostin.
我是班惠特克; 我和奧斯汀小姐有約。
I thought she was meeting with her new intern.
我以為她是要和新的實習生見面。
That's me.
就是本人。
How old are you?
你幾歲?
Seventy. You?
七十。妳呢?
I'm 24. I know I look older. It's the job that ages you, which won't be great in your case. Sorry.
我 24。我知道我看起來比較臭老。 這是份會讓你老化的工作,對你來說可不太妙。歹勢。
Hi, Jules. I'm Ben. Your new...intern.
嗨,茱兒。我是班。妳的新...實習生。
I'm glad you also see the humor in this.
很高興你也有發現箇中幽默。
Be hard not to.
很難不發現。
Don't feel like you have to dress up.
不用覺得你得穿得很正式。
I'm comfortable in a suit if it's okay.
如果沒關係的話,我穿西裝比較自在。
Old school!
老派!
At least I'll stand out.
至少我會很顯眼。
I don't think you're gonna need a suit to do that.
我不覺得你需要西裝來做到這點。
You want the door open or closed?
妳想要門開著還是關起來?
Doesn't matter!
沒差!
Open...actually. You'll get used to me.
其實...打開好了。你會習慣我這個人的。
Look forward to it.
很期待。
My intern sure keeps busy.
我的實習生倒是很忙。
Mr. Congeniality—everybody loves him.
萬人迷先生--大家都愛他。
Here she comes. Hey, Beck! What's up? You look really nice in...
她來了。嘿,小貝!妳好嗎?妳穿這件看起來很美...
How long can a woman be mad at you for?
女人可以氣你氣多久啊?
I assume you talked to her; apologized.
我想是氣到你和她說話;向她道歉。
I emailed her. Subject line I wrote, I'm sorry with, like, a ton of O's. So it was like, "I'm sooooorry," with the sad emoticon, where...he's crying.
我寄信給她啦。主旨寫:我很抱歉,用了一堆「抱」。所以就像「我很抱抱抱抱抱抱歉」,還用了傷心貼圖,那個表情符號...他在哭哭。
Our investors just think that a seasoned CEO could take some things off your plate.
我們的投資人認為一位有經驗的執行長能分擔一些妳的工作。
I did not see that coming.
我沒料到會這樣。
She's just trying to do right by everybody—the company, the family. The pressure is unbelievable.
她只是在試著做到對所有人都好--公司、家庭。那壓力是很難想像的。
You started this business all by yourself a year and a half ago, and now you have a staff of 220 people. Remember who did that!
妳在一年半前獨自開創這個事業,現在妳有 220 個員工。別忘了是誰辦到的!
Good times!
美好時光!
The truth is, something about you makes me feel calm, more centered or something. I could use that, obviously.
事實是,你的某些特質讓我感到平靜、更專注還是什麼的。我顯然能好好利用那種特質。
How in one generation have men gone from guys like Jack Nicholson and Harrison Ford to...
男人怎麼會在一個世代內從傑克‧尼克遜和哈理遜‧福特變成...
Oh boy...
天啊...
I'm Fiona, the house masseuse. Love that there's another oldie but goodie here.
我是費歐娜,家庭按摩師。還有另一個老了還是活跳跳的寶在這真好。
How's that, Ben?
舒服嗎,班?
Here you go.
給你。
You're not as old as I thought you were!
你沒我以為的老嘛!
- 「著裝打扮」- Dress Up
Don't feel like you have to dress up.
不用覺得你得穿得很正式。 - 「醒目、突出」- Stand Out
At least I'll stand out.
至少我會很顯眼。 - 「適應、習慣於」- Get Used To
You'll get used to me.
你會習慣我這個人的。 - 「期待」- Look Forward To
Look forward to it.
很期待。